Wirless Network Engineer
- Excellent Pay + Benefits
- Large Financial Organisation
- Designing and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact and act as a focal point for high impact wireless problem resolution
- Effectively communicate issues to engineers within/outside the immediate team and implement resolutions/work-around to mitigate impacts.
- Create and document action plans and standard operating procedures
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product) and mentor colleagues by transferring skills to the team via presentations or documentation etc.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned.
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact
What we need:
- 3+ experience in networking with focus in Wireless technologies.
- Strong practical knowledge of implementing/troubleshooting wireless LAN controller and APs in a multi-vendor environment such as Cisco/MIST etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP)
- Proven crisis management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Bachelors in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
- Strong practical knowledge of Cisco platforms including 6500, Cisco 5500 & 8500 series WLC’s
- Experience in shell Scripting and/or coding languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh) or similar.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 8506 6547 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.