06 Months contract role possibility to extend
Australian Citizens are preferred
Baseline security will be sponsored by the client
One of our premium government clients is currently looking for a VB.NET Developer, who will be involved in system design, development, testing and implementation of applications and associated interfaces. A primary function of this position is to provide a key role in successfully delivering software solutions though the application of leading edge skills and knowledge in software development. This role reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Provide strong development solutions, plugins/extensions to existing solutions in VB.NET utilising the .NET framework and other supplied SDKs and libraries;
- Provide strong development skills for responsive design targeting cross platform solution.
- Provide skills of integrating solutions with heterogeneous data sources including structured and non-structured data sources;
- Provide VB.NET programming services for the project, particularly with respect to monitoring, updating and extending Windows Services;
- Undertake project team system design, development, unit testing and implementation in accordance with SDLC and Development Framework;
- Liaise with users to determine requirements and develop and implement robust solutions that meet user requirements;
- Use project control mechanisms to ensure the timely delivery of working and reliable applications;
- Ability to work and participate in an agile (scrum) environment;
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues, and provide assistance and advice to end users;
- Create a variety of documentation including technical procedures and diagrams, and operational documentation;
- Observe and comply with software development standards and guidelines;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Project;
- Adhere to all Client policies and guidelines including information security and PMO Policies and Procedures;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Ability to use Version Control such as SVN, or GIT or TFS.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of development and implementation of enterprise-wide application systems under tight timeframes utilising SDLC methodology;
- Demonstrated experience in VB.NET and Windows Services / Winforms
- Demonstrated experience in legacy applications e.g. VB6.
- Demonstrated experience in message queuing
- Demonstrated experience in developing VB.NET Windows Services in a multi-threaded environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions, plugins and extensions using Visual Studio VB.NET
- Demonstrated ability to conduct queries, integrate solutions with data held in SQL server instances perform maintenance on SQL server instances;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions and documentation;
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Sanky – 03 8506 6525) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: