Test Manager – Office 365
- Test Manager -Office 365
- 9 months contract on extendable basis
- Large Federal Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance
Adaps has been scouted to source “Test Manager – Office 365” for a large Federal Department @ Parramatta.
About the Role:
The Test Manager is responsible for leading the delivery and acceptance of all aspects of testing. This includes overseeing preparation of the test strategy/plan through to test execution, including sign-off testing for go-live. The position involves maintaining a close relationship with testing staff including contractors, system integrators and Client business representatives. The position will need to ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed standard and are fit for purpose prior to production release. This position reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all areas of testing are managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures (both business and technical including information security);
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed throughout the testing lifecycle though understanding of business requirements, business processes and deliverables;
- Lead, motivate and develop the Testing Team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate the delivery of fully tested fit for purpose solutions & deliverables;
- Manage the testing lifecycle end to end within the Program / Project including the development of the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan;
- Ensure the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques in alignment with client Standards to confirm solutions are fit for purpose;
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by Business & Technology Services (BTS), Client
- Manage the definition and maintenance of various test environments and associated test data;
- Undertake Defect Management by managing the retesting of defects through to correction and acceptance by the system owners, monitoring outstanding defects using Mercury Quality Centre (MQC);
- Demonstrated experience as a Test Manager across the full testing lifecycle with a minimum 5 years’ experience in complex systems in large organisations;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of team members and key stakeholders (internally and externally); set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development (SDLC) and testing lifecycles, methods and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques within major programs and projects;
- Demonstrated experience in the design of business scenarios, development of test scripts and delivery of Business Fit for Purpose and User Acceptance Testing;
- Proven ability to use industry standard software testing tools (eg: MQC, Quick Test Professional (QTP), etc;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully run test cases and report results to Program / Project Managers and stakeholders.
- Recent Office 365 implementation experience for a 10K+ user base
- Recent Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade experience and application remediation for a 10K+ user base
- Lotus Notes to Outlook upgrade experience for a 10K+ user base
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.