Role : Test Manager
Duration: 12 months on extendable basis
Job Type : Contract basis
Location : Parramatta
Start Date : 31st May 2017
One of federal client, is looking for Test Manager and he/she is responsible for leading the delivery and acceptance of all aspects of testing. This includes overseeing preparation of the test strategy/plan through to test execution, including sign-off testing for go-live. The position involves maintaining a close relationship with testing staff including contractors, system integrators and Client business representatives. The position will need to ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed standard and are fit for purpose prior to production release. This position reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all areas of testing are managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures (both business and technical including information security);
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed throughout the testing lifecycle though understanding of business requirements, business processes and deliverables;
- Lead, motivate and develop the Testing Team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate the delivery of fully tested fit for purpose solutions & deliverables;
- Manage the testing lifecycle end to end within the Program / Project including the development of the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan;
- Ensure the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques in alignment with client Standards to confirm solutions are fit for purpose;
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by Business & Technology Services (BTS),Client
- Manage the definition and maintenance of various test environments and associated test data;
- Undertake Defect Management by managing the retesting of defects through to correction and acceptance by the system owners, monitoring outstanding defects using Mercury Quality Centre (MQC);
- Undertake testing activities as required including the development of testing documents, executing test plans / scripts as required to support the test team;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated experience as a Test Manager across the full testing lifecycle with a minimum 5 years’ experience in complex systems in large organisations;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of team members and key stakeholders (internally and externally); set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development (SDLC) and testing lifecycles, methods and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques within major programs and projects;
- Demonstrated experience in the design of business scenarios, development of test requirements, traceability matrix, scripts and delivery of Business Fit for Purpose and User Acceptance Testing;
- Proven ability to use industry standard software testing tools (eg: HPQC/HPALM, Quick Test Professional (QTP), etc);
- Demonstrated ability to successfully run test cases and report results to Program / Project Managers and stakeholders.
Additional Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
- Ability to deal with multiple external vendors who will be contributing to testing at various levels
- Based at Parramatta, with flexibility to work between metropolitan sites in Sydney CBD and regional client sites as required
Additional Program / Project Specific Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated sound experience in infrastructure testing, inclusive of devices and equipment;
- Demonstrated experience in regard to change management process.
- Manage the Testing Environment(s)/Test Lab to track all changes within cleint to reduce need for retesting due to uncontrolled changes
- Must be ‘hands-on’ with testing due to small testing and project team
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: