- Senior Test Analyst with strong PL/SQL and Unix skills
- 6 month + extension
- Sydney Airport location
Title Senior Test Analyst
Profession Technology Management
Career Stream Quality Management
Summary Role description
Senior Test Analyst with strong PL/SQL and Unix skills
Ensures the software is verified and validated against the criteria set out in the functional and non- functional specifications, by defining test cases and ensuring their execution.
Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using
agreed methods and standards.
Provides detailed analysis of all testing carried out on the environment ensuring all bugs, risks and issues are logged correctly.
Actively provides feedback to senior QA management which may result in new working practices or general QA improvements.
Mentors, coaches and coordinates a small group of less experienced QA Analysts ensuring they have the skills and knowledge in order to perform their roles.
Education and Professional Qualifications
· University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
· ISEB Foundation qualification or recognized country-specific qualification desirable.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Software Development or Testing environment including experience with current software
testing methodologies, functional testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrate effective communication processes meeting demands of both SQACE Office of Technology Management (OTM)
and program / project requirements.
· PL/SQL – Oracle embedded SQL
· Automated testing skills (such as QTP and Selenium)
· Principles of Agile
· Unix shell scripting skills
· Ensure that knowledge is kept up-to-date with all relevant updates/releases to products
· Working knowledge of HP toolset.
· Use of appropriate tools for change control, risks and issues.
· Good knowledge and understanding of testing market.
· Knowledge of CMMi/TMMi useful.
· Provide focused, accurate and exact data analysis.
· Knowledge of min. 2 programming languages.
· Theoretical and practical knowledge of object oriented development approaches.
· Strong software application skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
· Develop and maintain documentation.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Principles of ISTQB.