Technology and Security Architect
- Technology and Security Architect
- Parramatta, NSW
- 10 Months contract with a possible extension
- Large Government Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
The Technology and Security Architect is accountable for creation of Architecture artefacts for the Technology and Security domains; this includes reference architecture, standards, policies and patterns.
The role will develop relevant strategies, and drive the implementation of this strategy, working alongside the relevant directors and key stakeholders. The role is part of the Enterprise Architecture function and reports to the Chief Enterprise Architect. The role provides thought leadership for the Technology and Security domains and coordinates the governance of Technology and Security with relevant stakeholders.
- Encourage and drive a culture of excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to Technology and Security;
- Partners with business and IT representatives including other enterprise architects, solution architects, project managers, delivery directors and business stakeholders to deliver relevant aspects of Technology and Security Architecture;
- Provide business Strategy and future operational / capital plans around capability uplifts for Technology and Security domains and ensure suitable governance to ensure these strategies and plans are implemented;
- Develop and maintain strategies, standards, capability models for Technology and Security architecture for operational policing and corporate functions;
- Establish the scope for IPAS, from a Technology and Security perspective;
- Establish a roadmap for capability uplifts in the Technology and Security domain;
- Produce well defined, well documented, viable, and cost-effective Technology and Security architectures aligned to stakeholder requirements and enterprise architecture within the agreed deliverable timelines.
- Provide advice and guidance to reviews and decisions at the Design Authority (DA);
- Lead analysis of Technology and Security requirements and peer review relevant solution architecture deliverables;
- Establish use cases for IPAS and other strategic programs;
- Coordinate SME participation for future capability stream during evaluation of IPAS vendors;
- Participate in interactive dialogue sessions with IPAS vendors;
- All other tasks as directed by the Chief Enterprise Architect related to delivering / supporting Client strategy;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Proven extensive experience as Technology and Security Architect across a number of large organizations (>1,000 users) across a range of operating models;
- Experience in leading Technology and Security Architecture within the organization and at a cluster level;
- Proven experience and understanding of NSW Government Enterprise Architecture;
- Experience in developing Technology and Security strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in Technology and Security Architecture for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools and model repositories for Technology and Security architectures;
- Demonstrated experience in leading interactive dialogue sessions as part of evaluation of strategic platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in applying industry solutions to business problems; and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors;
- Ability to take accountability and to make sound architectural and strategic decisions
- Effective ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements; ability to juggle multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously;
- Experience in dealing with senior executive.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.