Technical Specialist (Server Refresh)
- Technical Specialist (Server Refresh)
- Large Government Organisation
- Parramatta, NSW
- Opportunity to get Baseline Vetting clearance by the client
- 12 months contract on a view to extend
- Start Date : September 4th 2017
One of our Federal client, located in Parramatta is looking for Technical Specialist (Server Refresh) – This role will be responsible for providing Technical expertise within the Server Refresh streams of work.
The role requires extensive knowledge of Server Platforms – hardware (e.g. blades/chassis infrastructure, physical servers like Dell and HP) and software (e.g. Virtualisation technologies and Operating Systems specifically Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012). This role will report directly to the Server Refresh Project Manager, and present to the Technology Asset Refresh Programme Manager, as required.
- Responsible for refresh of physical and virtual servers and associated operating systems;
- Responsible for migration of applications from legacy servers and operating systems e.g. Windows Server 2003 to strategic platforms (virtualised and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems;
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated experience in Server technologies e.g. Blades/Chassis, Virtualisation, Operating Systems specifically Windows Operating Systems and Linux;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating applications from legacy platforms to new platforms – hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft physical and virtual standard operating environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organization skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of Virtualisation and databases;
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organisations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies – LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of data centre installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
Note: Australian citizens preferred for their role
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 9956 1175 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: