Role : Technical Specialist
Duration: 12 months on extendable basis
Job Type : Contract basis
Location : Parramatta
Start Date : 31st May 2017
One of our federal client, located in looking for Technical Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for the Body-Worn Video (BWV) Phase 2 project. The role involves implementation of product upgrades; custom reports and queries; technical support and production support. The position reports directly to the Project Lead Deployment.
- Provide technical knowledge and skills to ensure the development and deployment of BWV by supplying effective and efficient system support, continuous system availability, quick response times and the achievement of performance objectives for the BWV system and associated integrated systems;
- Maintain the BWV project environments (DEV & TEST) including infrastructure, cameras, accessories, kiosks (including NAS, PC, UPS, Switch and Camera Docks) and system administration activities;
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and document user and production issues occurring within the BWV system in conjunction with operations and testing groups;
- Centrally administer the BWV system incorporating Application Servers and Databases;
- Conduct research & development to improve the quality of the BWV system;
- Support the testing process including SIT, UAT, PVT and defect management;
- Develop solutions that comply with the client policies, procedures, standards and security practices (inc. Information Security) maintaining awareness of and applying requirements and architecture standards and taking corrective action where necessary;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Lead Deployment and/or PMO related to supporting the Program/Project;
- Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of network, domain and account (AD, TAM) administration;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of virtual environments;
- Sound knowledge and experience of environment change and release management;
- Experience in supporting test activities, including defect triage and analysis;
- Experience in Windows Operating System;
- Exposure to archive and deletion solutions; (desirable)
- Exposure to contemporary network solutions; (desirable)
- Experienced user of databases and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power point);
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end-users, key stakeholders, suppliers and within the project team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven capability to work within tight deadlines and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Current drivers license with a clear driving record for the past 12 months;
Additional Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
- Provide systems reports to required specifications
- Based at Parramatta, with flexibility to work between metropolitan sites in Sydney CBD and regional client sites as required
Additional Program / Project Specific Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated well developed level of customer service skills
Please apply using the link below. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: