Technical Project Manager Storage
- Technical Project Manager Storage
- Large Federal Department @ Parramatta
- 8 months contract with a view to extend
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearances sponsored by the client
- Australian Citizen need to apply
Adaps has been scouted to source Technical Project Manager Storage for a Large Federal Department @ Parramatta.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board in accordance with the Client and ST&P PMO mandated policies, standards and procedures. Their prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers the required products and services within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The project manager is also responsible for ensuring that the project produces a result capable of achieving the benefits as defined in the Business Case and in conjunction with the Project Executive. This position reports directly to the Project Executive with functional reporting to the PMO.
- Provide leadership at a team and senior level and negotiate issues and solutions across the division and organizational boundaries including with the client group(s) and internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead, motivate and develop the Project Delivery team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate achievement of business goals;
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed including compliance with client specifications and quality assurance standards;
- Ensure appropriate delivery framework / methodology is adopted by the project and endorsed both the ST&P PMO and Project Board;
- Drive the delivery and implementation of the project’s products (including production of all relevant documentation for product delivery and acceptance during the project life cycle and ongoing support) that meet the project’s objectives and customer’s acceptance criteria;
- Monitor and manage external vendors as outlined within signed contracts. This includes assisting the RFT process, analysis, project tracking, relationship management, deliverables monitoring and reporting;
- Manage all change management activities for the project including training;
- Demonstrated experience with a strong track record in delivering high quality successful ICT projects using contemporary project management methodologies and application development methodology
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders (internally and externally);set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentation) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Certified in project management best practice methodologies, (preferably PRINCE2) with demonstrated skills and experience in using contemporary project management methodologies to deliver best practice, customer focused ICT projects;
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising, motivating and managing a successful team as well as work effectively with senior leaders and drive progress in the face of ambiguous or changing situations.
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality and accurate project status reporting according to the required standards and accurately forecasting and estimating financial and resource needs;
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational change / benefits management;
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Demonstrated experience in Infrastructure technologies and large-scale implementation of such technologies including Cloud based computing platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in managing major infrastructure upgrades or migrations including all aspects of ICT Infrastructure e.g. Storage, Networks, Compute, Virtualisation, Databases, Mainframe, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in managing infrastructure upgrades for major operational business systems preferably in a large virtual server environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of organisational change management as it applies to potential disruption caused by infrastructure upgrades of major business systems;
- Technical understanding and exposure to the following: Data centre technologies, SAN, NAS, Object Storage, networking and cabling and load balancers;
- Exposure to the requirements of secure data storage and migrations;
- Exposure to secure cloud based storage and compute service solutions.
Please send your resume and cover letter in MS WORD format quoting REF:12937 for a confidential review. For further queries, please call Sanky on 03 9956 1175.