Technical Development Manager
- Startup Division within a large client in Melbourne CBD
- Previous Software Solutions experience necessary
- Background in Microsoft Technologies (.NET/ C#)
The primary purpose of this newly formed permanent role is to lead and manage the Software Development team in the newly created Software Solutions division. You will be required to drive the development and production of market leading integrated software solutions for multiple tier one clients. This is a highly rewarding opportunity for a passionate Development Manager who really wants to bring the best out of a team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Technical capability management including assessing capability requirements, undertaking recruitment, defining training needs, maintaining skills matrix etc.
- Develop, implement, monitor, report and provide financial and delivery forecasts of the software development team performance against targets
- Ensure software development activities align with the company strategy and deliver quality business outcomes
- Drive open and effective communication with key stakeholders including technical teams, project managers, business analysts, support analysts and business managers
- Manage the team to meet agreed utilisation targets
- Focus on delivering solutions to meet business objectives factoring in the varying requirements of internal and external customers
You will have the following:
- Tertiary qualified in a relative discipline
- Familiarity with or a background in Microsoft .NET, Python, relational DBMS including Oracle, SQL Server, PostGIS, virtualisation and cloud services including Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services, data warehouses including Redshift, BI tools including Tableau or spatial tools and libraries including Open Layers
- Understanding of implementation and use of associated tool chains, preferably including JIRA, GIT, Team City, Nuget/Proget, Octopus Deploy, Selenium
- Proven ability to write to high quality documentation and to set standards for direct reports preferably within a Startup environment
- Solid understanding of modern software development practices including Waterfall and Agile methodologies, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Design, requirement, task, release and version management, code reviews, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and automated Deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as strong stakeholder engagement skills?
Apply now for immediate consideration by sending your CV in word format or call Kenny on 03 8506 6552 for a confidential discussion.