Support & Reliability Engineer
- Permanent Opportunity in Melbourne
- Salary range from $100k – 105k base + super
- Work life balance and excellent benefits
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who has a background in Devops, SRE and software engineering to join an established team. The team is responsible for managing and maintaining IT infrastructure and operations for several newly acquired business verticals. You will take a leading role in uplifting our existing infrastructure and software systems in AWS. You will help to build out and embed modern Devops practices such as infrastructure-as-code (IAC), deployment pipeline automation, observability with metrics, alerting, log aggregation.
You will work alongside and coach SRE engineers and software engineers often embedding in other teams to help uplift capability. As such, this role requires excellent collaboration skills and a passion for teamwork and collective achievement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You have a sense of ownership of the end-to-end outcomes, even the parts outside of
your expertise. You like to contribute your ideas and views to all aspects of the business.
- You are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems and improve the lives of others.
- Strong decision-making skills, able to balance trade-offs and articulate and justify your decisions.
- Exceptional communicator – written communication is excellent, able to quickly produce.
- Cross-functional – you like to wear many hats and work across areas you are not familiar with.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver.
- Strong agile foundations – you live and breathe agile principles.
- Team Player – you value collective achievement over your own.
- Working knowledge of modern software and technology:
- CI/CD processes and tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps or any other similar tool
- Experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Java, Nodejs, Golang, C#, etc.
- Strong scripting skills in bash and/or python
- Strong knowledge of AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, etc.
- Experience in IaC patterns and tools such as Terraform / Cloud formation
- Strong knowledge in configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Experience in docker container management and orchestration of containers such as ECS, AKS, EKS, GKE or native Kubernetes
- Knowledge on databases (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle or NoSQL DBs)
- Experience in Application monitoring tools.
- Preferable experience in implementing security in automation pipelines with relevant static and dynamic application testing, component scan, etc.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.