SR PROJECT MANAGER
- 2 x Senior Project Managers
- 6-month contract positions
- Immediate starts ideally
- Dynamic, high energy individuals
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivery of one or more complex Business & Technology projects, whether they are stand?alone or within a program structure.
The Snr Project Manager will be required to utilise the agreed project management framework to effectively manage, execute and report on the project/s they are responsible for. There will be a focus on schedule, budget, risk and issues management, documentation, quality control and managing project dependencies.
Projects may be delivered using vendor suppliers, internal supplier or a mix of both, and the Project Manager will be required to manage vendors to contract delivery alongside internal resources.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following…
Skills and experience:
The kinds of projects will be predominantly process design and re-engineering, perhaps a little product development as well. It will encompass business process design and technology build phases. The kind of PM’s we want are well rounded ones with experience managing end-to-end process reengineering/design. Ideally, they would have an insurance and/or govt background with exposure to PRINCE2 and either PMBOK, Agile or Waterfall.
The person in this position is responsible for:
- Successful delivery of assigned projects. Taking full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory delivery of the agreed objectives and outcomes of one or more large complex project/s.
- Resource management including internal service providers and external vendors and any other stakeholders required for successful delivery through negotiation and influencing necessary stakeholders.
- Management of key internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the project.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong and effective internal and external networks that are relevant to meeting the completion of projects.
- Identify, assess, and manage the risks to the success of the project including dependencies across projects, political, business impact, market impact, and technical complexity.
- Ensure that realistic project, budget, schedule, risk/issue, quality, change, communications and training plans are prepared and maintained while providing regular and accurate updates to the steering committee/s and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Utilise the Project Management Framework to deliver projects.
In this position, the people you will work most closely with are:
- PMO Leader
- Strategy Snr Leadership Team (SLT)
- Program Director
- Executive Director, Innovation
- Innovation Senior Leadership Team
- Information Technology Subject Matter Experts
- Strategy Stream Leads
- External Consulting and vendor organisations
- Internal Business Partners
Please send your resume and cover letter in MS WORD format for a confidential review. For further queries, please call kish on 03 8506 6521.