SQL Server Database Administrator
Our client provides investment, superannuation and financial advice to corporate, institutional, and retail customer’s across Australia .
If successful you will be collaborating with the Technology Platform teams and vendors to oversee and optimise the Database layer of the Infrastructure. You will be Ensuring other Platform teams can be autonomous and efficient using data services, in an agile environment and you will provide advice and practical guidance through your deep expertise to enable business outcomes.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for Database layer strategy and management as well as Database layer delivery, operation and vendor management.
- Proven hands-on experience in building and running Microsoft SQL Server with Always On Availability Groups and Log Shipping
- Hands-on experience in Windows Server Failover Clustering in a virtualised environment, particularly VMware with NSX networking
- Sound programming skills in T-SQL, with solid understanding of best practices with a focus on performance tuning and optimisation
- Good working knowledge of Storage Area Networks, ideally Dell Compellent Storage Centre
- Exposure to modern database technologies, including NoSQL databases and eventual consistency, ideally AWS RedShift and Cassandra
- Been responsible for the full life cycle of the database layer, with experience in a DevOps/continuously integrated environment with high levels of automation
- Must have deployment experience using Bamboo or Ansible
- Driven value from third party partners in a software defined infrastructure environment
- Contributed to and delivered database technology strategies, architecture and policies
- Influenced stakeholders and built lasting relationships across teams
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements