Solutions Architect – DevOps
The ICT Solutions Architect will work with the lead architect to develop all relevant solution artefacts required for the project, including requirements definition, solution options, solution patterns, high level and detailed solution designs ensuring highly available systems compliant with organisational and whole-of-government policies across various applications and technologies.
The position works closely with other business units and the project team and has an emphasis on the development of solution architecture deliverables. The role reports directly to the Senior Project Manager with a dotted line to Enterprise Architect for Integration and Applications.
- Experience with different DevOps toolsets in the automation of Software and infrastructure as Code.
- Experience in designing solutions and deployments using modern approaches including Agile, Devops
- Experience in complex application integration approaches using products e.g. Mulesoft, IIB, EntireX and MQ.
- Ability to solution leveraging microservice architecture through containerization technologies e.g. Rancher, GCK, Vmware, Kubernetes and service mesh implementations
- Experience with interfacing with Salesforce, Service Now and Marklogic
- Demonstrable experience in Java or .Net development
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Role they will perform)
- Drive all stages of solution architecture, including identification and evaluation of relevant solutions, that support the organisation’s required capabilities throughout the lifecycle of the program, allowing for phased program delivery whilst complying with standards.
- Work within the enterprise Solution concept and Enterprise architecture framework to identify possible solution options highlighting the benefits or risks of each option and reticulate the rationale for a preferred solution
- Define and design solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives
- Analyze and translate business and technical requirements into a solution blueprint that outlines enterprise services integrated across applications, systems and platforms teams to achieve objectives;
- Document current and future state architectures
- Identify the and develop transition state architectures that takes into account a multi-year multi-system transformation program
- Provide leadership and guidance in the subject of Application Architecture and Integration (Services and API Management)
- Work with 3rd Party COTS vendors to identify GAPs in the solution and remediate the identified GAPS through solution design workshops / specifications.
- Research and present information sessions to Business Stakeholders, DTI & PP&G staff as required;
- Develop, pilot and recommend new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components. Reviews new solutions for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives;
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on all solutions;
- Ensure team effectiveness and manage client expectations through timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Adhere to all Client policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the program/enterprise architecture and/or PP&G related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Contribute to the management and strategic planning processes for delivery and support of ICT systems and ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements and effective risk management procedures are in place;
- Develop, review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability;
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on technology investment;
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven extensive experience as a Solutions Architect gained across a number of larger organisations (>5,000 users) with complex solution requirements;
- Aptitude to formulate and articulate solution approach and vision;
- Previously worked at a senior level within a solution architecture practice area who has defined and implemented complex solution environments;
- Ability to lead complex solution discussions to achieve an agreed outcome;
- TOGAF9 or equivalent industry experience;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Computer Sciences / Information Technology and Management disciplines, or equivalent industry experience;
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise applications, solution development, implementation and support.
- Sound working knowledge of contemporary software development practice and methodologies
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex – 03 8506 6547 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.