Solution Architect (Utility)
- BRISBANE BASED
- 6 month contract with the view to extend a further 12 months
- Work on the Power of Choice reform
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BRISBANE CBD
Our client, a ICT Solutions Service provider, is looking for a Project Solution Architect to work within the Project Delivery group on the Power of Choice Project. The Power of Choice (PoC) Project is responsible for ensuring their two key client are prepared for the PoC reform legislation which takes effect from 1 December 2017. Compliance to the legislation will entail significant organisational change which will be supported by changes to supporting systems and processes.
Specifically, the contractor will drive the project solution design activities across both organisations for the future business model post PoC.
This project will include a market approach (tender process) for one or more IT products that provide parts of the envisaged functional footprint.
- Acquiring an understanding of the architecture and planning work that has been conducted so far and the general nature and requirements of the Operational Technology environments of both clients’, as well as the high-level requirements for the PoC reform.
- An evaluation of the options and the market for systems that may meet the requirements.
This allows for a better understanding of the set of requirements to be included in the tender, as well as the possibility to influence vendors’/ product roadmaps.
- Close co-operation with the responsible Subject Matter Experts and Managers in order to;
- Familiarise stakeholders with the valid subset of the evaluated market options and the learnings from this analysis
- Develop a method to prioritise requirements.
- Assess and prioritise requirements
- Define the phases for the introduction of PoC, based on these requirements
- Provide oversight to the technical components of the tender.
- Prepare a high-level design(s)
- Documenting all outcomes
- Input into the development of the Power of Choice business case(s)
- Providing input into the project scoping activities to define the Power of Choice program/ project
We are looking for an experienced architecture resource with a good track record of understanding complex environments and solutions with a broad range of specialised needs/ requirements (which implies a good Business/ Problem Analysis skill).
You will need to understand and have a track record in the implementation of meter data management and market system solutions. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of the Power of Choice reform and what the reform means to the distributor and other participants in the market. Preferably, you will have previous involvement in a Power of Choice implementation in a project architect role.
You will be very experienced in building and maintaining constructive relationships with customers, as well as facilitating discussions, negotiation/ conflict resolution and decisions.
TOGAF9 certification would be desirable.
Please apply using the link below, calling Cass Drum on 03 8506 6578 quoting reference #12268 with any questions. Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. Candidates may also be subject to a police and reference check.