Solution Architect OPP
Role : Solution Architect (OPP)
Job location : Parramatta
Job Type : Contract
Duration : June 2017 – Dec 2017 (with Possible extension)
The Technical Solution Architect will provide technical analysis, design and implementation guidance of architecture services (including SOA) for solving integration, interfacing and synchronisation challenges faced by the COPS Modernisation project. The position works closely with other Architects within the business unit and the COPS Modernisation Project and has an emphasis on input to the development of architectural deliverables by the Systems Integrator. The role reports directly to the Program Manager OPP.
- Encourage and drive a culture of technical excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to ICT technical architecture and solution designs related to ICT asset replacement;
- Contribute to overall COPS Modernisation project objectives by providing technical solution architecture for integration in the business environment, design and subject matter expertise working with project team members and BTS technical staff;
- Consult with internal staff at all levels to develop comprehensive and accurate technical documentation of high standards;
- Recognise and develop opportunities for improving technical direction, policy operating models and processes in cooperation with appropriate internal strategy and line of management staff;
- Liaise with vendors to specify and negotiate solutions and to define hardware and software requirements;
- Research and present information sessions to BTS staff as required;
- Design and participate in the implementation of an integrated solution based on business requirements and SOA strategies and trends;
- Recommend efficient and re-usable solution components;
- Ensure team effectiveness through timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Manage client expectations and be able to work to tight deadlines;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Adhere to all client policies and guidelines including information security; and
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mainstream development frameworks; mainstream messaging systems, mainstream ESB implementations (IBM Integration Bus);
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of mainstream RDBMS including Oracle and SQL Server;
- Demonstrated high level skills in developing and documenting ICT technical architectures and solutions particularly related to server and storage solutions for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors;
- Demonstrated highly developed ability to conduct and document technical solution workshops and to garner support for proposed solutions from a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Proven problem solving skills as applied to technical solutions and proposals;
- Demonstrated experience in applying multiple technology solutions to business problems;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of large database server and storage solutions especially related to Oracle technologies and MS SQL Server; and
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and presenting/reporting technical information.
Additional Program / Project Specific Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with application software solutions built upon the following technical architecture components:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- JBoss EAP
- JBoss JBPM
- IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: