Software Development Manager
- Software Development Manager – SQL 2008 – Access 2010
- ASAP start – Melbourne CBD – Permanent position
- Management role – Microsoft technologies
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Seeking a Development Manager with experience driving Developers to produce financial applications on a permanent basis in Melbourne CBD.
Large organisation specialising in Mortgage Broking seeking an experienced Application Development Manager for a permanent position in Melbourne CBD. To be successful you will come from an Application Development background coupled with extensive management experience.
This Business performance unit supports a network of over 5000 Brokers in Australia in Mortgage loans. The Broker / Growth Technology Team support all systems and assets that are used by the Broker Partnership business unit and the Broker Network.
As one of the Development Managers you will be accountable to provide technology based services incorporating, design, development, QA functions in addition to managing a highly skilled technical team. This role reports to Delivery Manager Broker.
The role will be to drive technical requirements following Agile practices. You will not only have project responsibility, but also be accountable for the people management aspects of the team (hiring, KPI reviews, annual performance and salary reviews) as well as managing change. You will own the technical roadmap for your team including budget responsibility.
- Manage all of the BAU functions and Changes for responsible systems and assets
- Manage up to 10 – 15 technical staff (combination of permanent, contractor and consulting resources)
- Deliver agreed outcomes to meet business and technology needs and expectations
- Identify and manage potential risks associated with system /asset changes
- Manage systems / assets health and improvements
- Interact and manage business and technology leadership expectations
- Provide required support to the Delivery Manager
- Work closely with other Delivery Leads to deliver joint outcomes.
- Extensive experience in Management / Team Lead is essential – managing teams, producing performance reviews and providing training and development etc
- Experience in commercial application design and development
- People management skills and a passion for mentoring and guiding teams to develop beautiful applications
- Strong Stakeholder management skills – communication and interpersonal
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs
- Experience and exposure to Agile methodology
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Apply here or contact Andy on 03 8506 6581.