Software Developer – Level 2
Title: Software Developer – Level 2
Position Reports to: DevOps Group Manager
Position Type: 12 Month Contract
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to software development, software maintenance and testing activities as directed by the DevOps Group Manager and senior members of the Software Group.
- Produce all necessary design and supporting technical documentation related to the above activities.
- Perform version control of source code and related documentation produced above.
- Provide second-line support to the Product Integration and Technical Support teams for the software produced above.
- Comply with business systems, policies, procedures and standards related to software engineering and business management.
This is a Level 2 position with the following responsibility levels:-
- The experienced professional plans and conducts professional work without detailed supervision but with guidance on unusual features and is engaged on assignments requiring substantial professional experience.
- The Level 2 Software Developer provides coaching and mentoring for Level 1 staff.
- The employee may assign and check work of technical staff assigned to work on a common project.
Personal Attributes / Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (first language, IELTS 8+ or equivalent).
- Ability to join and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to research and assimilate knowledge from various sources to effectively find solutions to software development problems.
- A keen interest in software development.
- Ability to stay motivated and work as a peer in a team with limited supervision.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience in software development.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a software development environment.
- Experience with C++, the Microsoft Win32 APIs and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of object oriented principles for analysis, design and implementation.
- Experience with configuration management (version control) software.
- Experience with relational database design and development.
- Knowledge of several software development life-cycle models.
- Experience with C# or Java.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as NUnit.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with a UML modelling or CASE tool such as VP Agilian.
- Experience with Git, Subversion, Atlassian Jira and Atlassian Crucible.
- Experience with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Agile software development methods.
Apply using the link below or call Nithin on 0433 212 134 with Ref Number:12500 and send your updated resume
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: