Software Defined Network Developer
- Initial 6 month contract w/ extensions
- Experience with Cisco VMS highly regarded!
- Must have extensive API experience
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN THE MELBOURNE CBD
Our client is seeking a forward-thinking candidate who has worked extensively with open source software related to Software Defined Network (SDN) or Network Function Virtualization (NFV) in a Telecommunications network environment.
The role requires an understanding of application software, operating systems, virtual networking, enterprise IP solutions and dependencies on interconnecting networks and platforms. Additionally, it requires hands-on experience with software development, design thinking, platform design, development and deployment of software roadmaps.
- Network APIs of Switches and 3rd Party VNFs (enablement of network that provides connectivity through programmable interface to switches/ routers through Network virtualization)
- Bandwidth on demand using API’s to connect and enable resourcing
- Content Delivery Network with API enablement
- Must be able to prototype new solutions to demonstrate customer experience and product functionality for future releases
- Translate customer (internal, external or regulatory) needs and requirements into customer wireframes and mock-ups using agile software development principles
Essential technical skills:
- Cisco Virtual Managed Services
- Mix of HTML, CSS, AJAX, PHP, Python from a networking perspective
- Linux-based systems
- Open source database (MySQL/ PostGress/ MongoDb)
- Must have used SDN in a working environment – ideally with OpenFlow
- Experience in network virtualisation, working with VMWare ESX/NSX, vCentre and other applications
- Equivalent to or higher than Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification level
Please apply using the link below, calling Cass Drum on 03 8506 6578 quoting reference #12288 with any questions. Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. Candidates may also be subject to a police and reference check.