Site Reliability Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Permanent role in Melbourne (Remote)
- $150K base + bonus
- Excellent Benefits & Work life balance
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the newly formed team that will spearhead Client’s’ strategic objectives to disrupt the financial services industry in Australia.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who has a background in devops, SRE and software engineering to join an established team at client’s. The team is responsible for managing and maintaining IT infrastructure and operations for several newly-acquired business verticals. You will take a leading role in uplifting our existing infrastructure and software systems in AWS. You will help to build out and embed modern devops practices such as infrastructure-as-code (IAC), deployment pipeline automation, observability with metrics, alerting, log aggregation.
You will work alongside and coach SRE engineers and software engineers often embedding in other teams to help uplift capability. As such, this role requires excellent collaboration skills and a passion for team work and collective achievement.
We are looking for people who are attracted to being part of something bigger than themselves. We want a Senior Engineer that can demonstrate technical excellence and also drive ways of working on the ground. This is an excellent opportunity for any engineer ready to take their game to the next level.
- Contribute, support and deliver the strategic vision set for support and reliability engineering with a strong focus on enabling speed, scale and quality, supporting Clients engineering delivery teams.
- Delivers a global alignment of infrastructure, delivery and platform technology across Client.
- Coaching of SRE team members towards automation
- Work closely with engineering teams to reduce cycle times for build and deployments.
- Ensure services provided extend engineering teams through to production, enabling speed and scale globally.
- Leads and drives automation throughout operational engineering activities and roles to remove “hands-on” work, driving an effective efficiency outcome.
- Ensures everything as code pattern such as GitOps, IaC, monitoring as code are followed.
- Supports SREs to ensure existing clients and solutions continue to operate effectively.
- Takes a leading role in moving Client further to an engineering and “no-hands” operations culture.
- Finding better ways of doing things, with a view to the future and technology engineering trends
What we need from a candidate:
- Working knowledge of modern software and technology:
- CI/CD processes and tools such as BuildKite, Jenkins, Azure DevOps or any other similar tool
- Experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Java, Nodejs, Golang, C#, etc.
Strong scripting skills in bash and/or python
- Strong knowledge of AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, etc.
- Expertise in IaC patterns and tools such as Terraform / Cloud formation
- Strong knowledge in configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Expertise in docker container management and orchestration of containers such as ECS, AKS, EKS, GKE or native Kubernetes
- Knowledge on databases (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle or NoSQL DBs)
- Preferable experience in implementing security in automation pipelines with relevant static and dynamic application testing, component scan, etc.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve - (03) 9306 1450 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.