ServiceNow – Senior Project Manager
- ServiceNow – Senior Project Manager
- 8 months Contract (On a view to extension)
- Large Government Department
- Service Portal
- Custom Apps
- HR Service Delivery
- IT Service Management Professional (including automation and intelligent agent)
- IT Business Management for Project and Portfolio Management
- Performance Analytics
- IT Operations Management
- The Senior PM is responsible for managing the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board in accordance with the NSW Government and DTI Portfolio Planning & Governance (PP&G) mandated policies, standards, and procedures. Their prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers the required products and services within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that the project produces a result capable of achieving the benefits as defined in the roadmap. This position reports directly to the Director with functional reporting to the Portfolio Planning & Governance Office. This is a leadership role responsible for 21 direct reports consisting of service providers, contractor and permanent staff. The role will also be responsible for Stakeholder (Business Unit) expectation management and leadership.
- Ensure that the project is managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers, contractor and permanent staff.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Project Delivery team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate achievement of business goals.
- Manage project timelines, risk, reporting, budget and financial aspects of the project.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to capture requirements and develop roadmap for the board to prioritise.
- Manage the design process to achieve stakeholder requirements and manage expectations.
- Lead engagements with business users to understand issues and define business processes and requirements.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate delivery framework / methodology is adopted by the project and endorsed by the DTI PP&G and Project Board.
- Drive the delivery and implementation of the project’s products (including production of all relevant documentation for product delivery and acceptance during the project life cycle and ongoing support);
- Monitor and manage external vendors – including assisting the RFT process, analysis, project tracking, relationship management, deliverables monitoring and reporting.
- All other tasks as directed by PP&G related to delivering the Project.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience is managing the implementation of ServiceNow Platforms into large and complex organisations.
- Strong track record in delivering high quality successful ICT projects using contemporary project management methodologies and application development methodology.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders (internally and externally); set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen.
- Certified in project management best practice methodologies, (preferably PRINCE2);
- Experience in providing quality and accurate monthly status reporting according to the required standards and accurately forecasting and estimating financial and resource needs.
- Knowledge of and experience in benefits realisation.
- Drive project outcomes and capability.
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel and Power Point) and ServiceNow
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 7001 1405 / 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.