Senior Strategic Sourcing Associate
- Excellent opportunity with Tier 1 Bank in Melbourne
- 6 Months Contract with view to extend
- Rate on offer $800/day (Incl super)
- Experience Required: Procurement manager or category manager
- Research, develop and implement strategic and operational sourcing policies and procedures for the specific Category of responsibility. Lead specific sourcing projects as identified and contributes to overall functional policy debate.
- Lead or contribute to complex and sensitive supplier negotiations, Support Major Negotiation, contract discussions, tender evaluations etc and provide support to reporting professionals undertaking negotiations at lower levels.
- Produce significant financial and operational benefits and cost reduction for the organisation and enhance the professionalism of external supplier management, reporting to Head of Function on success of initiatives developed.
- Provide specialist technical input into relevant discussions/design issues relating to the Technology Category.
- Ensure the delivery of added value guidance and advisory services is provided to internal customer areas in relation to the purchase of external supplies or services.
- Ensure the provision of effective supplier management and commodity management processes and operational working practices for own
- Support Technology Software Category allowing the Group to standardise sourcing specifications/ benefit from economies of scale.
- Maintain an understanding of external best practice and new developments within the sourcing field.
- Engender and model the culture of continuous sourcing service improvements for customers.
- Provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- To conform with all internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Minimum of 3+ years specifically as a procurement manager or category manager
- Tertiary qualifications preferred
- Any accreditation or certificates relevant to procurement
- Memberships to industry organisations
- Ensure that all procurement arrangements comply with group policy with regards to onboarding and vendor selection
- Identify and implement opportunities for procurement savings
- Monitor vendor performance
- Uplift procurement documentation and governance
- Head, Strategic Sourcing -Agreeing business unit strategy, performance targets and the provision of regular reporting information
- Procurement direction, to influence re sourcing policies
- Senior Level Business Unit Managers (frequent) – for identification of sourcing issues, advice, guidance, support
- Managers/Advisers Strategic Sourcing (frequent) – support, guidance, progress review, mentoring, information
- Compliance with group policy through self-measurement and audit
- Procurement related cost savings
- Number of incidents or issues related to contracts
- Management of Risks, incidents, and events
- Stakeholder feedback on ‘quality’…
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 0480 081 934 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.