Senior Storage Engineer
Technical Specialist – Senior Storage Engineer
Large Federal Department @ Parramatta
9 months contract with a view to extend
Opportunity to get Baseline Clearances sponsored by the client
Only Australian Citizen are applicable
- This role will be responsible for providing Technical expertise within the Planned Storage Platform Refresh project. The role requires extensive knowledge of Storage systems (e.g. IBM V7000, Pure SAN, NetApp NAS, TSM/Spectrum Protect Backup, Brocade switches).
- The role involves liaison across all areas of Business and Technology Services, specifically Technology Operations and Policing Systems.
- The aim of the role is to assist in continually refreshing the technology assets to ensure ongoing operational stability, with minimal disruption to business and working within the change management process.
- This role will report directly to the Project Manager, and present to the Technology Asset Refresh Programme Manager, as required.
- Responsible for the refresh of storage and backup systems;
- Responsible for the migration of data from legacy storage systems to strategic storage platforms;
- Work closely with Technology support teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of storage systems;
- Report to the Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated experience in Storage technologies;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating data from legacy platforms to new storage platforms;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organization skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Storage-as-a-Service and Backup-as-a-Service within large organizations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies – LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of data center installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the link below or call Neil on 03 8506 6522 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: