Senior Service Reliability Engineer- JAVA
- Service Reliability Engineer
- Permanent opportunity
- Melbourne Based role – Tier 1 Bank
- Salary on offer upto $150K-$155K incl Super + bonus + other perks
- Work life balance, discounts on home loans etc
- The Service Reliability Engineer will provide advice, knowledge and specialist skill working across DevOps practises, Operations Management and Development of production systems and deployment to production and non-production environments in cloud and on-premises
- The Service Reliability will be focused on assisting with creating better production systems by defining engineering approaches that deliver best practice from within the squad, for the overall service.
- Work with Principal Engineers, delivery teams, business analysts, product owners, engineer managers and others in understanding the rationale for your prescribed solutions and innovations towards better software outcomes.
- Innovate with new and existing tools, processes, practices and industrialize them into a regular delivery cycle agnostic of delivery methodology. Identify required resource needs specific to each engagement. Work to define and influence the ongoing SRE solutions for all delivery engagements after uplift.
Skills & Experience needed:
- Proven experience in successfully delivering major business solutions into production/implementation using Agile scrum methodology and [NK1] project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating, and recommending new and emerging technologies.
- Experience in one or more of the major programming languages, and in the evaluation of infrastructure and software options.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes.
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively. [AB2]
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Expertise in programming languages such as React JS Typescript, java 6, Java 8, Spring boot
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g., Python, Node, Groovy) and the Java/J2EE platform
- knowledge of relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g MongoDB
- Prefer candidates with strong back-end development skill set with knowledge of front-end development
- String knowledge using system monitoring tools (e.g., AppDynamics, Splunk) and automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Previous exposure to chaos/resilience engineering and performance tuning is a plus
How to apply:
- Please apply using the link below or call Suzy- 03 8804 5883 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.