Senior Project Manager – Mining
Travel Expenses – Accomidation – Food – Gymnasium facilities provided
- 9 Months Contract Position
- Location : Cloncurry, Queensland
- Project Manager with good experience in Mining industry!! A unique and excellent opportunity!!
- Excellent rates on offer!!
Based on one of the world’s highest-grade known zinc deposits, Dugald River is a development project in north-west Queensland, Australia
Construction activities are well progressed with a view of commencing operation later this year, with first concentrate in first half 2018.
The development and operation of the Dugald River mine will provide an important employment, economic and revenue contribution for Cloncurry and Queensland over more than 30 years.
Our client Operational Technology (OT) team is accountable for the design, implementation and support of fit-for-purpose end-to-end OT solutions, to meet defined business requirements.
The Operational Technology team is seeking an experienced OT Project Manager to take responsibility for the successful implementation of one or more of these projects (dependent upon timing and work load).
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for project delivery of the approved scope within the agreed budget and timeline
- Formulation and management of a project team with defined roles and responsibilities
- Formulation and management of a detailed project schedule and milestones with defined accountabilities
- Coordination with other parties on dependencies to the OT solution such as infrastructure, sub-system supply and location access. This will be critical in ensuring the schedule is not negatively impacted risking the overall program’s critical path.
- Support the Dugald River Manager ICT Delivery to ensure that the Project does not become the critical path for the larger program
- Manage the systems vendor(s) against their commitments to agreed performance levels
- Manage project governance and controls
- Develop and maintain risk and issues registers
- Weekly reporting
- Drive weekly progress and coordination meeting with the project team, and participate in broader program delivery meetings when required
- Formal change control process for both delivery scope and compliance with program Management of Change processes
- Executes the project in accordance with the agreed Project Methodology
- Manages the quality of deliverables in line with the standards set by the PMO
- Delivery of relevant hardware and licensing to support application
Project Manager key attributes, skills & experience
- Proven experience in leading the implementation of Operational Technology Projects in a Natural Resources Environment to a successful outcome
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven strong vendor management skills and commercial acumen
- Proven ability to positively influence stakeholders to achieve required outcomes
- Strong work ethic and resilience
- Attention to detail
- Highly structured
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic site based environment
- Degree qualified desirable
- PMI certified desirable
Apply using the link below or call Deepthi on 0404 891 109 with Ref Number:12522
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: