Senior Platform Engineer – Linux/Unix
- Senior Platform Engineer – Linux/Unix
- Long term contract on a view to extend
- Excellent Pay rate
- Melbourne CBD
Adaps has been scouted to source Senior Linux Engineer for a Large Insurance Company @ Melbourne CBD.
What you will do :
The Senior Platform Engineer (Unix) is responsible for the following:
- Managing the Solaris / Linux platforms which support the organization’s objectives and strategic plans
- Managing and administering Solaris / Linux and virtual operating systems to provide optimal availability and cost efficiency
- Manage platform availability and recovery.
- Investigating and resolving complex platform problems
- Providing a high degree of support for project and operational teams
- Leading continuous process improvement.
What we need :
Extensive experience and technical proficiency in Solaris and RedHat Linux technology platforms and operating systems and experience in either Intel based and/ or SAN platforms and backup technologies.
- Significant proficiency and experience administering and supporting these platforms
- Extensive experience building and supporting enterprise server solutions
- Significant experience in analysing, diagnosing and resolving server platform and operating system issues
- Significant experience in building and supporting enterprise backup solutions
- Significant experience working with SAN based technologies
- Significant experience working with virtualisation technologies and platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Data Centre Operations
- Senior Infrastructure solution consultancy
- The delivery of quality, detailed technical configuration and support documentation and solution designs.
- VERITAS filesystem management and Cluster server.
- Solaris 10, 11 and Redhat Linux variants.
- OVM for SPARC. aka LDOMs
- Previous experience/knowledge as a field engineer.
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining disaster recovery infrastructure on Solaris and related platforms.
- Extensive experience in SNMP related monitoring and alerting tools
How to apply:
- Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 0290579052 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.