Senior Performance Engineer (mobile)
- Senior Performance Engineer (mobile)
- Large Financial Client
- Melbourne CBD
Adaps has been scouted to source Senior Performance Engineer (mobile) for one of our Large Financial clients at Mel CBD
We are seeking who has a passion for excellent coding and an obsession for quality assurance
Are you looking for big creative challenges that show rapid results and enhance Developer and Quality Engineering productivity?
we believe success comes from our people and are committed to supporting your talent, skills and abilities as you help us build a culture of positive change for our customers and create the best technology development teams in the Banking sector.
As a Senior Performance Engineer on the team, you would build robust automated test solutions that support the verification of new products and our engineering processes. You’d work across multiple squads collaborating with individual developers and manager engineers on unit test strategy, test solutions and help identify code coverage targets.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Driving a culture that enables the team to deliver fast, efficient, and responsive systems architected for large-scale populations of customers, employees, regulators, managers, and more
- Providing consultation to development and operational teams, building performance into products and help identify root cause issues/resolutions to performance problems within the existing platforms.
- Developing tools / or dashboards to analyse performance characteristics of:
- Native mobile apps, including device statistics
- Different microservices
- Opportunities to work with the vertical service and wider domain to optimise strategies for usage workloads:
- Reducing calls to interfaces / backends
- Asynchronous service designs
- Container and Application Runtime
- Cloud technologies
- Ensuring a solution will be designed, implemented, and operationally supported to meet non-functional requirements for performance (examples include throughput, latency, or memory usage)
- Focus on performance from a Customer Experience perspective and providing confidence into production deployments, ensuring that customer usage growth can be supported by the architecture / solution
- Ensuring Design / Architecture changes are assessed for operational performance risks such as impacts to Capacity, Reliability, Scalability and Transaction Performance
- Validating non-functional requirements post deployment by monitoring production systems and comparing them to in flight development activities
- Review Java code and solution on; correct testing process, design for stories, & software development practices design decisions
- Working with business analysts to ensure requirements are clear as well as offering technical input into the requirements process
- Working with DevOps, to ensure the availability, reliability, performance & security of the platform
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes and data management
- Regularly present to internal colleagues/stakeholders and external meet-ups/conferences
- Regularly lead refactoring workshops/activities, to continuously address technical debt and keep the platform evergreen
- Provide cutting edge direction, by building a flexible solution that can be adapted/upgraded and staying in touch with the industry
To be successful in this role you must have the below skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in client delivery management and/or professional services
- Experience with Performance Engineering and chaos engineering
- Experience in client-side automated performance monitoring against native mobile apps, including device statistics monitoring
- Understand how to design/architect a platform for the greatest performance and being able to understand the full distributed technology stack.
- Solid understanding in analysis techniques to isolate root cause associated with web and application in general use and at scale.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and related practices and ideas
- Experience working in Agile environments and practicing Continuous Deployment and Integration
- Experience across full software development lifecycle: Analysis, Development, Testing, Configuration Management, Deployment and Release
- Experienced in Performance Testing Tools (JMeter, Performance Centre, Gatling)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Software development, programming or scripting languages (Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell Node.js, Groovy, Go)
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL) and standard UNIX utilities and programs
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Database technologies (Oracle)/ SLQ skills
- Automation and Collaboration (Jenkins, Atlassian Suite)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: