Senior Network Design Consultant
- Senior Network Design Consultant
- Salary range: $160K – $170K/Year + Bonus
- Permanent opportunity
- Remote Work
- Large Financial Organisation
About the role:
As a Senior Network Design Consultant in this team, you will lead the team in collaborating with the internal architecture team, customer teams to create and build complex network designs, leveraging the latest multi-vendor technologies to futureproof client. You will be responsible for creating detailed network designs that can be implemented to achieve the architectural and business vision for the bank. You will also drive design practices within the team to ensure a high level of quality in the designs which will be used across the organization.
- Proven track record of creating complex network design solutions, including building HLD/LLD as per the strategic direction set from architecture teams.
- Deep understanding of network design principles.
- Leading the team in developing world-class network designs.
- Collaborate across internal teams to understand holistic infrastructure and build network designs with these dependencies in mind.
- Effectively communicate issues to engineers within/outside the immediate team and implement resolutions/work-around to mitigate impacts.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and tasks as assigned.
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e., technology, product) and mentor colleagues by transferring skills to the team via presentations or documentation etc.
Key skills needed to perform this role:
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience as a network designer.
- Strong practical knowledge of designing/implementing/troubleshooting multivendor environments.
- Proven track record in building complex network designs.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Real world experience in Datacentre & Backbone technologies (e.g.: MPLS, TE, VXLAN, LDP)
- Proven experience in deploying and operating voice technologies (e.g.: SIP, SBC)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
- Strong practical knowledge of multivendor platforms, including Juniper, Cisco & Arista
- Industry certifications, Juniper and Cisco – such as JNCIE, CCIE, CCNP, JNCIP
- A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in a large-scale network environment.
- Ability to work in and keep up with a fast-moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
- ITIL certifications a plus
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Renu on 03 7036 4180 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.