- Kafka Engineer
- Large Financial Client
- Melbourne CBD
The ideal candidates will be currently working on Kafka operations hosted on Amazon Web Services. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding on how to maintain a world-class Kafka service. Experience with tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines are highly regarded. Also required is hands-on experience with AWS, particularly with a focus on configuring a highly available and resilient environment.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a strong desire to explore and learn new skills. You will have fire in the belly to always deliver exceptional services to our customers
Key Role Activities:
- Proactively monitor the Kafka platform to ensure optimal performance
- Automate maintenance tasks such as patching, partition balancing etc
- Document and maintain incident response plans
- Perform capacity management to ensure we have ample resources for current and future workloads
- Participate in on-call roster
- Continuously improve monitoring of key metrics, and fine tune dashboards using Splunk, AppDynamnics and other tools
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption
- Be a go to person for Kafka troubleshooting
Skills and Experience
- Have a strong passion for providing excellent service to customers
- 5+ years’ experience with operating and supporting mission critical platforms
- Hands-on experience in integration
- Have good understanding of various messaging and streaming platforms and protocols
- Experience in maintaining Kafka is highly desirable
- Devops capabilities, including the knowledge of testing automation, AWS cloud, APIs and microservices
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience working with GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- Ensure all systems, platforms and applications are compliant with and operating to relevant security and data protection standards
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of a team of engineers.
- Be confident and actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent social and communication skills, “can do” attitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Providing technical assistance and support to other team members.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.