Senior JBOSS Programmer
Position : Senior JBOSS Programmer
Location : Parramatta, NSW
Job Type : Contract
Duration : 12months on extendable basis
Start Date : May 26th, 2017
One of our Federal client, located in Parramatta is looking for Senior JBOSS Programmer and he/she will be involved in system design, development, testing and implementation of applications and associated interfaces. A primary function of this position is to provide a key role in successfully migrating from WebLogic to JBoss platform and upgrading the JBoss platform from EAP 6 to version 7 utilizing Java 8. The role reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Involvement in a project team leading system design, development, testing and implementation in accordance with SDLC and Java EE Development Framework;
- Provide programming services with hands-on application development of systems for the project;
- Liaise with technical and non-technical owners and project teams to ascertain migration requirements;
- Use project control mechanisms to ensure the timely delivery of working and reliable applications;
- Liaise with external vendors to acquire and provide technical details of communication specifications;
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to prescribed control procedures regarding the security of information;
- Adhere to the corruption prevention and risk management plans;
- Perform various administrative and technical tasks necessary to ensure the availability of business operations as part of the upgrade and migration work ;
- Develop and publish technical and operational support documentation;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
Selection Criteria :
- Minimum of 7 years proven experience in all phases of development and implementation of enterprise-wide and highly scalable integrated application systems under tight timeframes utilising Java EE and Java SE and SDLC methodology;
- Demonstrated knowledge of solution architecture of JBoss Enterprise Application Server environments, version 6 and above and developing Business to Business communications through SOAP and application migration from WebLogic to JBoss platform;
- Experience in JAVA EE Container and Java EE development environment and frameworks e.g. Spring, Hibernate, Axis, Struts, JUnit, Ant, Gradle and Jenkins.
- Experience with high-availability, server clustering, Disaster Recovery of Java applications and integration with ESB, RDBMS, Mainframe, Identity Management and security protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions applying software design patterns, peer code review and S.O.L.I.D. principles;
- Experience with applications involving RDBMS migrations from Informix to MS-SQL and Sound understanding of Linux and virtual servers;
- Demonstrated sound understanding of Reporting tools such as Jasper and Crystal Reports;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels; and
- Demonstrated experience in leading, setting priorities, coaching and mentoring a team of developers to achieve the successful development and implementation of end to end solutions.
NOTE : Citizens need to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: