Senior Java Engineer (BAU)
- Melbourne CBD
- 6 Months contract on a view to extend
- Daily Rate Range up to $700/Day
This role is one of the key technology contacts for the client interface and financial reporting teams in Asset Servicing. We work in an agile way across BAU and project initiatives and you are required to embrace and role model an agile way of working.
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
- Fulfil a role in the support and maintenance of the ODR, Publisher systems and other relevant asset servicing applications.
- Develop enhancements, fixes and new functionality in the above systems.
- Scope, configure & develop custom code to meet business requirements & use cases
- Resolve and monitor support issues and problem records that arise as well as perform routine maintenance activities in conjunction with other CLIENT technology groups.
- Have ownership/accountability for the investigation of business and client queries.
- Responsibility for driving change and improvements across the technical environment.
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to engage stakeholders and ensure project deliverables are met
- If needed, participate in a 24/7 on call roster to ensure our most critical applications are Always On for our colleagues and customers
- The ability to create and deliver strategic ideas and initiatives
- 7+ years of system development and support experience (preferably in the financial industry) with a focus on end-to-end JAVA application development
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science or a related discipline.
- Experience with the development models and software development lifecycle (SDLC) model
- Experience with at least one ETL tool (e.g. SSIS)
- Detail understanding of the Microsoft BI stack
- Detail experience with Oracle, PL/SQL
You will be familiar with the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
- Microsoft BI stack and Sharepoint.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 7035 0108 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.