Senior Java EE Developer
Purpose of the Role
The client is seeking an experienced Java developer to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems.
- Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with geospatial data, GDAL/OGR
How to Apply :
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on (03) 9118 2071 or email for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.