Senior Java Developer (Integration)
- Senior Java Developer (Integration)
- Melbourne CBD
- Australia’s leading bank
To be Australia’s leading bank, Candidates will be working on current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services and Kafka. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of programming languages such as Python, Java, Node.js (etc).
Experience with infrastructure tools such as Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines are highly regarded.
Key Role Activities:
- Acting as the single point of contact for the Engineering Manager for code development
- Work in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Work closely with scrum masters, Solution Designers to determine platform requirements and priorities.
- Resolve technical barriers and roadblocks impacting delivery teams.
- Showcase work to stakeholders
Design & Build
- 60% of the role requires the candidate to be hands on developing Java based Microservices (Senior Developer)
- Be a go to person for Developers and Service team members for troubleshooting
- Create Jira stories with effort estimation for Development activity and track completion of stories within sprints
- Technological Governance & Quality Assurance – Execute a program of governance and assurance activities (deliverable reviews, code inspection, targeted non-functional testing, code review to ensure that the outputs of the team are of an awesome quality and support Technology objectives with respect to architecture, development operation and technology operations.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Design and Development capability; Drive the maturation of Software Engineering as a valued discipline in the Technology Operating model.
- Monitor relevant technology breakthroughs, development, and trends in domains of expertise; experimentation and adoption of promising practices and technologies in the domain.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with Integration technologies such as Kafka, MQ, Business Works is highly regarded
- Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common troubleshooting procedures.
- Ensure all systems, platforms and applications are compliant with and operating to relevant security and data protection standards
- Have in-depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Devops capabilities, including the knowledge of testing automation, AWS cloud, APIs and microservices
- Spring Boot, Java, Tomcat, Gradle, Histrix Circuit Breakers, Containers, Testing tools
- Good understanding of CI/CD
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au