Senior Java Developer
Role : Senior Java Developer
Duration: 8 months on extendable basis
Job Type : Contract basis
Location : Parramatta
My client, located in Parramatta is in the Mobile Policing Program/Project which is developing and automating a number of business process improvements and capabilities through Mobile Apps and Java integration services.
The Project is under way with business apps already implemented on hundreds of devices currently in operation in the field. The project team is enhancing the apps and will also be building other apps and their services in this and following phases of the project. The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for the design and build of high quality and secure Java Applications and Services for the NSWPF. The role will report to the Project Manager
- Produce technical designs and build high quality, secure Java Applications and Services;
- Work closely with the Architect on the design of Java Applications and Services;
- Develop Java applications & services that integrate with different platforms, also that uses relational databases;
- Interact with other project team members, contributing towards prototyping and testing of the Java applications and services throughout the application development lifecycle;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Minimum 8 years Java/J2EE development experience and at least 3 years’ experience working as a senior lead developer on a major IT program/projects;
- Minimum 5 years Integration service (RESTful/SOAP/Messaging) development experience on a major IT program/projects;
- Strong and proven development experience with application servers (ideally JBoss & JMS) with caching and relational databases (ideally Oracle/MS SQL Server);
- Strong and proven development experience with database mapping framework (Hibernate/ORM/JPA);
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in highly scalable Java/J2EE application development;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in transforming RESTful services to SOAP services across different platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing relational database; ability to convert the required application data structure to the database design/development as an application developer (not DBA work);
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers to achieve the successful development and implementation of end to end solutions; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
- Work collaboratively in a highly agile team to build and deploy high quality Java applications.
- Act proactively and deliver application and enhancements on time.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and a highly consultative mindset
Additional Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
- Java/J2EE applications will include the following features:
- Transforming REST to SOAP and transaction logging to database
- Push Messaging services to Mobile devices
- User authentication through Corporate LDAP
- Dashboard reporting via Web browser
- Work-flows and orchestration
How to apply:
Apply using the link below and send your updated resume.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: