Senior Java Developer
- Permanent role based in Melbourne, CBD
- Large Financial Organisation
- Salary on offer: $140000
- Analyse, design, implement features that
- Enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Set standards for design, process, and tech workload allocation within the scrum team ensuring sufficient design guidance exists at story kick-off.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical applications no more than 1 week out of 6.
- Experience as a Java developer (c.10 years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and delivering applications in Java, Springboot, SQL Server.
- Strong experience in Java and Springboot based microservices and REST APIs
- Strong experience in using Design Patterns in solution engineering
- Proven experience in designing and delivering automated cloud agnostic solutions using Terraform and AWS native services.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices using Jenkins
- Experience in Automated Testing with 100% code coverage mindset.
- Strong experience in leading technical teams.
- Production application support experience is an added advantage.
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
- Excellent written, communication, organisation and time management skills and strong ability engage with multiple business stakeholders.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 8506 6547 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.