Senior Java Developer
- Senior Java Developer
- Fixed Term Contract till June 2019 o a view to extend
- Large Government Department
Adaps has been scouted to source Senior Java Developer for a large government organization @ Geelong.
The Web Application Support Specialist provides a range of technical services supporting, maintaining, deploying and enhancing applications assigned to their service with a strong focus on maintaining service quality at or above agreed targets
Key to success will be the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives to achieve significant reductions in the volume of problems, support and service requests raised. This position requires flexibility to provide support coverage between 7:00am to 7:00pm. On call arrangement will be required on rotational basis to provide 24*7
- Specifies user/system interfaces and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Relevant Qualifications, Work Experience
- Significant experience in a similar role, supporting, developing, maintaining and improving Web and Mobile Application technologies and frameworks, including:
- Node.js (and common packages)
- CSS3, bootstrap or similar css framework
- Spring (various, eg IOC, MVC, SpringBoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage end-to-end support and resolution processes for assigned tasks through in-depth analysis, review and application of expert knowledge.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with strong customer focus and ability to understand issues, manage expectations, gain agreement, resolve conflicts and translate technical information into business language.
- Experience in enterprise application systems analysis and development, including: analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support with a thorough understanding of the Service Delivery Lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical aspects of software package configuration coupled with a functional knowledge of the applications; and/or expertise in software development and configuration for custom-built applications.
- Advanced professional written communication skills; proven ability to write quality business documentation, functional and non-functional artefacts, and technical documentation for a wide variety of audiences and purposes.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and an ability to think laterally to identify practical and workable solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work accurately with attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in, or advanced knowledge of, support analysis or support testing with a sound understanding of industry trends and emerging technology.
- Experienced in ITIL Foundations, principles and application.
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Experience in different technologies and products, including but not limited to; JEE, HTML, CSS, React, Node.js XML, SQL and/or Domino, Case and Customer Relationship Management applications, Workflow tools, Business Intelligence tools, Deployment Management tools, Payment and Billing systems, and/or Mainframe Applications.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au