Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
10 months contract on a view to extend
Large Government Department
Expected Start Date: 10 September 2018
Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
Note: Australian Citizens are preferred.
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for the design and build of high quality and secure Java Applications and Services for the client. The role will report to the Project Manager.
- Design, prototype, develop, test and implement Java Applications and Services in accordance with SDLC and Development Framework in large and complex organisations;
- Work closely with the project team, technical lead and architect to produce technical and support documentation on new and enhanced high quality secure Java Applications and Services;
- Develop Java Applications & Services that integrate with different platforms that also use relational databases;
- Supervise a team of developers and work as an effective team member in investigating and developing options and solutions while championing business needs;
- Liaise with users to determine requirements, develop and implement robust solutions that meet these requirements;
- Use project control mechanisms to ensure the timely delivery of working and reliable applications;
- Liaise with external vendors to acquire and provide technical details of communication specifications;
- Adhere to all client policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or SP&G related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project; and
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
- Java/J2EE applications will include the following features:
- Transforming REST to SOAP and transaction logging to database
- Push Messaging services to Mobile devices
- User authentication through Corporate AD and user reporting via browser
- Work-flows and orchestration
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in highly scalable Java/J2EE end to end development and at least 3 years experience of working as a senior lead developer on a major IT program/project adhering to SDLC methodologies;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in integration service (RESTful/SOAP/Messaging) development and experience transforming RESTful services to SOAP services across different platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in transforming RESTful services to SOAP services across different platforms;
- Strong and proven development experience with application servers (ideally JBoss clustered) with caching and relational databases (ideally Oracle/MS SQL Server);
- Strong and proven development experience with database mapping framework (Hibernate/ORM/JPA);
- Demonstrated experience in JEE development environment, JSP/Servlet, Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, Gradle, Struts, JUnit & Ant;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing relational database; ability to convert the required application data structure to the database design/development as an application developer (not DBA work);
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions and documentation;
- Demonstrated sound understanding of reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers to achieve the successful development and implementation of end to end solutions; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
- Experience with using team collaboration / development tools, preferably with experience using JIRA, Confluence and continuous integration / deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Bamboo;
- Demonstrated experience of Java/J2EE development within a variety of SDLC methodologies including Agile, SCRUM;
- Act proactively to deliver application and enhancements on time.
- Display a positive attitude towards teamwork and a highly consultative mindset.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: