Senior Electronics Engineer – Hardware Design
- Senior Electronics Engineer – Hardware Design
- Permanent role in Melbourne – South East
- Large listed company with a global presence
Adaps are currently looking to hire a talented individual to provide an important role in leading the design of new products. The product family is primarily satellite communications equipment, utilising a variety of embedded digital & analogue technologies. You will work in a team of engineers and report to the Hardware Engineering Manager.
You will have an Engineering Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Communications, with years of proven electronics design and product development experience (preferably telecommunications), great communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This role requires a good all-rounder with determination and high initiative. You will need excellent planning and organizational skills, sound attention to detail, a confident and clear communication style, and the ability to effectively work without supervision.
Role includes: architecture design, writing product/design specs, lead design investigations, schematics Altium, prototype testing, design validation, compiling results/reports, EMC testing, BOMs & PCBA CAD, work with mech-eng on PCB/enclosure constraints.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Architecture design, electronic circuit design (eg. CPU interfacing, SWPSUs, Battery charging, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GPS)
- Schematic using Altium Designer – to a professional standard
- Writing product/design specs, verification specs, assisting production-test specs
- Lead design investigations including parts selection, utilising your established knowledge of component vendors and sourcing skills
- Work with mechanical engineer on PCB shape and placement optimising. Knowledge of specifying mechanical / injection molding / enclosure design
- Conduct prototype testing, design validation, compile results
- Prepare and oversee EMC testing
- Lead in engineering design reviews with project members & engineering manager
- Prioritise and drive tasks, utilise and updating your schedule
- Prepare the product BOMs & PCBA CAD for sending to contract manufacturer
- Content writing and review of User Manuals in collaboration with marketing / support.
- PCB Design / layout using Altium Designer to a professional standard (eg. robust EMC methods). 6 layer stackup, e.g. diff pair routing for USB3, and DDR2/3 buses
- RF amplifier and antenna design skills
- Power over Ethernet experience
- Firmware skills (e.g. C, RT Linux drivers / kernel)
- Unresricted work rights in Australia
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below and call Damian on 03 8506 6553. Applications close on 22/01/2016.
Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. All applicants will be notified when the role is closed.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Adaps is an approved Standard Business Sponsor with the ability to employ eligible candidates requiring sponsorship & working VISA arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: