Senior Digital Business Analyst
- 6-month initial contract with the view to extend or convert to fixed term/perm opportunity for the right candidate
- Melbourne based role
- Leading Insurance & Healthcare Organisation
- $750 – $850 per day plus super rate to the contractor
As part of the Health Insurance Technology Team, this role will partner closely with our Health Insurance business representatives to deliver high quality Business Analysis services at pace to drive strategic outcomes for our Health Insurance customers.
- Partner closely with business initiative owners to develop a deep understanding of the client Health Insurance business, the challenges, pain points and areas for opportunity
- Plan, run and manage workshops
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop clear and unambiguous product backlogs of work which deliver the outcomes needed by our business.
- Work with the team to define epics, functions, and stories / tasks per business initiative at pace. Define concise acceptance criteria which supports the delivery team and testers.
- Work closely with the team to refine the backlog and ensure the team have a shared understanding of the content.
- Development of BRS and FRS documentation (if required / project specific)
- Development of clear process documentation (current and future state)
- Proactively support the uplift of Agile practices and foster a culture of continual improvement
- Participate in and contribute to the BA and Agile Communities of Practice within client.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Assignment or Reporting Manager.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- 5 years+ experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- Minimum 2 years Digital delivery experience within cross-functional teams using Agile methodologies
- 2 years demonstrated experience in working with Agile methodologies (backlog development and refinement – writing epics, functions, stories and defining acceptance criteria using Jira or Azure DevOps)
- Experience in setting up, running, and managing workshops for requirement discovery and elicitation
- Experience in process mapping using Visio
- Experience with Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-up, Iteration / Release Planning, Showcases / Sprint Review, Retrospective.
Skills / Training / Attributes:
- High degree of credibility with natural ability to communicate and build trust to forge strong relationships with stakeholders
- Skill in eliciting and defining requirements, i.e., epics, features, stories (which meet the ‘INVEST’ criteria), with clear acceptance criteria / Skill in developing clear and concise BRS and FRS documentation as required
- Collaborative and consultative team player
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to overcome issues and find solutions where conflicts and difficulties arise
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with demonstrable ability in a variety of techniques to express technical information to non-technical readers / listeners
- Knowledge and experience working with Azure DevOps (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Visio skills to Intermediate level. Ability to create process maps for current and future state.
- Certification in one or more Agile methods (desirable)
- Typically, a tertiary qualification in an IT discipline or related field.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.