Senior DevOps Engineer
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Permanent Opportunity with excellent pay and benefits
- Great working environment
Adaps has been scouted to source Senior DevOps Engineer for a large educational client in Melbourne.
Design and implement automated operational engineering / DevOps solutions for large and complex projects. Be a thought leader and innovator to inspire improvements of DevOps cultures.
A position you’ll love
- Provide technical innovation and thought leadership to guide environment/operation and development teams in the automation of operational processes
- Maintain and develop a complete, scalable and auto-healing cloud solution
- Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability, ensuring compliance with client processes and governing standards
- Collaborate with development teams on user-facing features and services
- Identify and eliminate potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Work on continuous integration (CI) pipeline and unit test automation
- Manage, monitor and report on documented technical risks and issues associated with components of projects.
- AWS Stack Design, Deployment and Support
- Design automation following the CI/CD methodology
- Provision and configure AWS cloud-based resources to manage complex application environments
- Implement and manage orchestration tools and work on automating entire technical stack (full stack)
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code for AWS services
- Experience with scripting and automating application deployments
- Understanding of AWS Security best practises
- 5+ years in a senior development role having managed a team and responsible for team deliverables.
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role with a heavy percentage of AWS
- Advanced AWS knowledge and commercial experience developing AWS services at scale, utilising multiple AWS products in concert
- Automating AWS environments
- Experience working with AWS technologies, like DynamoDB, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, VPC, IAM, etc.
- Advanced automation scripting, using a development language.
- Building and managing PaaS, IaaS environments using continuous delivery pipelines and methodologies
- Experience operating a complex integrated AWS environment.
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef and Desired State Configuration.
- A solid team player to collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Understand fundamental principles of Distributed Systems, Security, Networking, Virtualization, Storage, Database, Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Good verbal and written English
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Neil on 03 9363 3344 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: