Senior Devops Engineer – Strong Linux experience
- Long term contract opportunity – Large Financial Institution – CBD based role
- Role will be setting up new servers and services for development teams
- Web Applications, HTTP/s, SSL, TLS, Load Balancers, Amazon AWS, VMWare
My Client, a reputable large organisation in Melbourne CBD is seeking a Senior DevOps Specialist due to continued growth in their existing DevOps team.
- 6 month initial contract + possible extensions
- Melbourne CBD Location
- Senior DevOps Engineer / Lead – Start ASAP!
As part of this role, you will be expected to lead and implement Continuous Delivery within delivery teams across the organisation, utilizing your DevOps mindset. A solid technical background in the areas of Build Engineering, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Infrastructure, Environment Management and Configuration, and Release Management are key to implementation of world-class Continuous Delivery and Environment solutions.
Team of 10, split into non prod environment support and technical change delivery. This role fits in technical change delivery, the smallest item of work is coordinating a firewall burn with security engineers, the biggest piece of work is building an entire mobile application infrastructure platform for 200k customers. This is not the development team, they provide the infrastructure and scaffolding for developers to build an app and roll out to production. The work is varied and you will be expected to work on a multiple items at once. You will be expected to coordinate vendors 30% of the time and 70% of the time do the work yourself
Tools in use:
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle DB, PostreSQL or mySQL
- Virtual machines and containers: Amazon AWS, VMWare and/or Docker
- Web Servers: IIS, Apache or Tomcat
Large part of this role will be involved with integrating systems and troubleshooting issues. Knowledge of the following would make the candidate stand out:
- http/s and SSL/TLS
- Load balancers
- Web Services
- General networking and firewall concepts
Skills / Experience:
- Mandatory – 5+ years of DevOps experience with Automating Docker build /containers, automating web application deployment. Jenkins, Go CD, Octopus Deploy etc. It’s a greenfields area, any hands on experience setting things up is a huge bonus.
- Experience in AWS EC2, Docker Containers, Linux (Must have!) and Windows
- Experience in setting up new servers and services for development teams
- Experience across software development lifecycle: development, testing, configuration management, deployment, etc.
- Experience working with all teams in an organization: Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure, Business, Management, etc.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an “Agile” environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.)
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, etc
- In-depth knowledge of operating system scripting and commands such as *nix-based systems (Linux, Unix and Mac) and Windows
- Ideally someone who has experience using Cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services
- Please note: This role is not in the production support area, this is purely non production. Supporting development activities, they only assist deployments to production for Go Live.
If you deem yourself suitable, kindly submit your CV in word format with a cover letter addressing your relevant experience by clicking the apply button now or call Nitin on 03 8506 6546 quoting ref no# 12345 for a confidential discussion.