Senior DevOps Engineer
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Perm role @ Sydney
- Excellent Payrate upto $140k + On call allowance + Bonus
- Large Financial Organisation
- Great Work life balance
We are looking for a Senior Analyst/ DevOps Engineer to set up, run, support and maintain the technical infrastructure and applications for SDW Tech Trading Services.
The candidate should have solid experience in a range of technologies used in modern DevOps practice, able to drive and implement SDW Tech’s automation strategy, be familiar with cloud hosting, CI/CD with Jenkins and similar pipelines and workflows tools, testing for non-functional etc
This role will have a strong focus placed on analysis, design work and hands-on support while also focusing on writing code/programming.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and advance the SDW Technology’s team DevOps capability
- Work with complexity and ambiguity in a dynamic and continuously changing environment
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Ensuring that systems are developed to highest standards within agreed budgets and time frames and achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- Stay abreast of new technology trends and constantly try to generate new solutions for effective Operations management.
- Providing technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced peers and team members.
- Developing operating and system documentation.
- Monitoring and maintenance of production and non-production services
- Setup and administration of deployment and automation pipelines
- Provide assistance with the product teams on pre-production incidents and triage to resolution
What we need from you:
The successful applicant will have solid 2-4 years’ experience in a range of technologies used in modern DevOps practice:
- Scripting using either PowerShell, Python or Bash
- CI/CD with Jenkins and similar pipelines and workflows tools, testing for non-functional etc
- AWS cloud hosting
- Monitoring and Alerting Tools
# API and microservices development and testing
# Advanced skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2.
The successful applicant will typically have 5+ years in a software development role with at least 3 years in general IT Operations experience coupled with tertiary qualifications in computer science or a related discipline.
Your good time and resource management skills, previous experience working within agile environments, methods, practices and tools will all ensure your absolute success in this role.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: