Senior Devops Consultant – Jira,Puppet, Atlassian
My Client, a reputable large organisation in Melbourne is seeking a Senior DevOps Specialist due to continued growth in their existing DevOps team.
- 6 month initial contract + possible extensions – upto $1000 per day rate!
- Melbourne Docklands Location
- Senior DevOps Engineer / Lead – Start ASAP!
The focus is to enable delivery teams across the organisation looking to adopt Continuous Delivery and DevOps practices and processes, with the aim of increasing productivity and quality of their delivery activities through robust automated build and deployments through the SDLC pipeline.
As part of this role, you will be expected to lead and implement Continuous Delivery within delivery teams across the organisation, utilizing your DevOps mindset. A solid technical background in the areas of Build Engineering, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Infrastructure, Environment Management and Configuration, and Release Management are key to implementation of world-class Continuous Delivery and Environment solutions.
- Must have previous Experience in advanced Jira/DevOps skills specific skills in automation with Puppet, Atlassian and Advanced Build Engineering.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an fast paced environment
- A solid technical background in the areas of implementing Atlassian across Build Engineering, Automated Deployments & Testing, Infrastructure, Environment Management and Configuration, and Release Management
- Experience working with diverse teams from Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure to Business & Management.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools. (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with Repository Managers (Artifactory)
- Automated Deployment of software and configuration on multiple platforms. Examples include REST APIs, SaaS, RPM, scripting, etc
- Good understanding of Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments.
- Knowledge of physical & virtual hosting, storage & networking.
- Development experience using source systems (Git)
- In-depth knowledge of OS scripting and commands (Linux)
- Experience in Environment Provisioning, Management and Operational Support
Preferred but not essential:
- Experienced programming Java, Python, Ruby, Groovy.
- Automated deployment of Web containers such as WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS, etc.
- Writing automated unit tests (JUnit, Cucumber, NUnit, MsTest.)
- Functional test automation techniques and tools (Selenium, Gatling).
- Release & Configuration Management practices
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards)
- SQL scripting. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. (Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy)
If you deem yourself suitable, kindly submit your CV in word format with a cover letter addressing your relevant experience by clicking the apply button now or call Nitin on 03 8506 6546 quoting ref no# 12359 for a confidential discussion.