Senior DevOps Consultant
Senior DevOps Consultant
Large Financial Organization in Melbourne
6 months Contract with Excellent Pay Rate $1000 – $ 1100 per day with little flexibility
Work life Balance and Great culture to work
We’re currently seeking a highly organized Senior DevOps Consultant with 7+ years demonstrable Technical and Delivery Leadership and Management experience for a Large Financial Organization in Melbourne.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Expected to hold a post-graduate qualification in Technical Development (e.g. IT) or can demonstrate commensurate on the job skills and experience
- 7+ years demonstrable Technical and Delivery Leadership and Management experience, as part of the delivery of high-profile, large and complex projects, with evidence of participation in the full software development life cycle, Waterfall and Agile methodologies, Operational Usability, understanding customer expectations, and operational IT issues and trends
- 4+ years DevOps experience
- Prior experience with technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Docker, K8s, AWS, Azure, Linux, Windows, Python, Groovy, Shell Scripting, Server Spec, ELK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Relevant experience with DevOps related concepts, approaches, tools and practices including:
- Software Delivery technical skills such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software Configuration Management, Emergent Design
- Data Centre Infrastructure such as Physical/Virtual Hardware, Storage, Networks, etc.,
- Provisioning, Management and Operational Support
- Data centre automation tools such as Puppet, Capistrano, etc.,
- Build Management tools and practices. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Build languages such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, MsBuild, Gant, Gradle, rake, etc.,
- Version-control systems such as primarily Git and GitHub, other include Subversion,etc
- Programming Java, J2EE, Shell, Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Python, etc.,
- SQL (DDL and DML) scripting. Experience in different database platforms. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. Tools such as Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy, etc.,
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.), managing versions and third-party libraries
- Dependency management. Example tools include Maven, Apache Ivy, etc.,
- Repository Manager such as Artifactory, etc.,
- Workflow tools such as JIRA
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, etc.,
- Good knowledge of systems, situations, procedures and culture within organisation to identify potential organisational problems and opportunities; perceive the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organisation
- Strong commitment to help and meet the needs of business partners; take responsibility for addressing needs and problems which arise with the business partner because of the project or related issues
- Strong commitment to quality and an orientation to work accurately and seek continual improvement in satisfying business needs
- Project Management experience, e.g.: Communication, Stakeholder Management, Risk, Configuration Management, Quality Management etc.,
- Process Improvement frameworks, methods and techniques (6Sigma/Lean 6Sigma – DMAIC, ISO – PDCA Kaizen)
- Excellent understanding of software delivery principles
- Stakeholder and 3rd Party Management
- Ideally someone who has experience using Cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services
- Organisational Change Management.
- Microsoft office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: