Senior Desktop Support Officer
- Senior Desktop Support Officer
- 6 Months contract on a view to extension
- Excellent hourly rates on offer
This position has two primary purposes:
- To work alongside senior technical IT specialists to provide technical input with Microsoft based products and related services for client’s technical services group and business representatives. The incumbent of this position will periodically undertake IT project work and system administration tasks delegated by the respective Team Leader and Senior Systems Engineers
- The position is expected to provide technical IT assistance with planning for ongoing improvement of IT infrastructure for the organisation and where required third party service providers to the organisation.
Experience and Knowledge
The position requires a moderate understanding of the following systems and technology:
- Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Intune EndPoint Manager, Windows 10 OSD
- Office 365, MS Teams and SharePoint
- Azure AD and Active Directory
- Providing support via a Ticketing System and troubleshooting IT issues
- Managing the Avaya phone system, call centre routing, including VDNs and Vectors
- Understanding of ITIL, incorporating incident, problem and change management.
- Malware tools / utilities
- Assist with resolving issues resulting from system patching and upgrades.
- The job holder provides services for internal customers to enable them to provide technical support, as required for the activities of the Service Desk, Infrastructure support team, and other members of BTS. The position is expected to provide technical based services, assist with technical solutions, planning and proposals for ongoing improvement of the server and desktop administration process.
- Technical support work is normally undertaken; its performance is monitored via the internal Service Desk system against agreed Service Level Agreement timeframes.
- This position is approximately 40% Service Desk requests for IT infrastructure and 60% technical support / windows administration based and as designated IT based projects.
Minimum level of educational qualifications required for the role.
- It is desirable to have Degree-level qualifications in Information Technology or appropriate related discipline and industry certifications in Microsoft technologies.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call RAMS on 03 7001 1405 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.