Senior Data Modeller – Remote
We are looking for Senior Data Modeller within our Data and Cloud function. You will work with an existing team of data engineers, project managers, cloud specialists in solving business challenges for businesses clients across Australia of all sizes.
- Strong leadership ability as lead data modeler or architect in an enterprise data environment, preferably in Financial services.
- Demonstrated ability to understand data relationships and design data models to effectively ingest, store, curate, provision and consumption of data by business.
- Strong business acumen to understand and analyze business problems or requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Extensive experience in applying advanced data modelling and architecture techniques and tools.
- Ability to work with structured, semi structured and unstructured datasets to meet specific project needs.
- End to end project delivery experience – scoping, planning, solutioning, resourcing, developing and delivering
- Person with a growth mindset who is willing to learn and adopt quickly to meet the challenge
- Coach and mentor other team members and assist with developing a future ready workforce
- High proficiency in SQL, Python, R, Apache Spark, Scala, Databricks.
- Strong ETL development expertise – IBM Data Stage, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS.
- Experience using data modelling tools such as ERWIN, Lucid Chart, MS Visio.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in data-modeling, 5+ years of work experience in technical leadership, program management, or similar roles.
Good to haves
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure environment preferred
- Insurance, Banking and Wealth Management experience is an advantage
- Strong consulting background
- Data visualisation tools like Tableau, Power BI, Data preparation tools such as Data Factory, Data Bricks, Alteryx, KNIME etc.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 9118 2071 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.