Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Business Analyst in Geelong
- 3 Months contract with a view to extension with Large Government Organisation
- Location: Hybrid Model – 2 – 3 days in a week @ Geelong office
- Rate range on offer from $1000 to $1100 incl super / day
- Candidate should be vaccinated for COVID
Lead Business Analysts, under the direction of the Senior Manager – BA Practice, Program and Project Managers, lead teams of Business Analysts in providing business analysis services and delivering defined outputs to support the delivery of Client’s Strategy.
- Using a range of formal and informal leadership tools, be accountable for the performance, resource allocation and recruitment of a team of Business Analysts, ensuring that analysis activities deliver high-quality and timely outcomes for Client, using advanced facilitation skills, and encouraging collaboration, innovation and a strong focus on the client experience.
- Lead the identification of business, stakeholder, and solution (functional and non-functional)
- requirements through consultation with business and technology stakeholders, vendors and clients, formal analysis and assessment of needs.
- Lead the development and delivery of business analysis artefacts, including requirements
- specifications, process and data models, ensuring consistently high quality standards are maintained, in accordance with the project delivery framework and methodologies.
- Lead the Business Analysis function in facilitation of workshops to gather, inform, socialise, and gain acceptance of business analysis deliverables, ensuring that these are well understood and agreed by all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and collaborate with business and program stakeholders to determine deliverables,
- expectations, and potential risks and issues and be a decision point to resolve contentious issues and remove barriers to realisation of team objectives and goals.
- Lead and collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new business
- processes and applications, and enhancements to existing processes and applications.
- Proactively identify, document, and prepare recommendations and alternatives to address existing and potential trouble areas in operating models, processes and technology solutions across the organisation to Product Owners, Project Managers, BA Practice Manager, and/or Program Director.
Skills And Experience
- Proven experience in advanced business analysis techniques, methodologies, and tools that enable
- formal management (including coaching and mentoring) of a team of high performance team (e.g.
- requirements elicitation and analysis, requirements management, process analysis and modelling,
- process improvement, business process redesign, use case modelling, data analysis and modelling,
- cost benefit analysis, decision analysis, root cause analysis.)
- Extensive practical experience in waterfall and/or agile project delivery frameworks / methodologies,
- and ability to bring ‘fresh’ ideas to the project team and BA Practice, including solid knowledge of the SDLC and BA involvement across the entire project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to take on accountability for highly complex pieces of work and work
- autonomously, with the ability to use sound judgement and business acumen to resolve ambiguity, set direction and establish precedents to achieve delivery of quality outcomes.
- Ability to negotiate and manage competing priorities within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply up to date business analysis practices and industry trends and drive
- knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Knowledge of BA Methodologies and Governing Bodies (E.g. BABOK, IIBA etc.).
- Expert level user of project and collaboration tools that may include, but need to be limited to Jira,
- Confluence, Slack, Balsamiq, Miro, Figma, Real Time Board, MS Office Suite including Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Client Values at a senior leadership level
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and
- hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven leadership experience working on large scale transformation programs and in the operation
- and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Experience in Insurance, Health, and/or OH&S domains would be well regarded.
- Ability to quickly understand and contribute to achieving the organisation’s current operational and
- strategic goals and objectives.
- Relevant tertiary degree (e.g. Information Systems, Computer Science, IT, Business)
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CBAP, Six Sigma, OCEB 2, CSM)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 0480 047 903 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.