Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Business Analyst
- Work life Balance and Great culture
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for analysis, requirements gathering, selection, development and delivery of integrated solutions for large and complex programs and Projects within client. The position works with both internal and external delivery partners within the clients. This position directly reports to the Project Manager.
- Drive the design, documentation and development of business requirements and functional specifications using context diagram and process models;
- Elicit and document user requirements using various techniques which include but not limited to interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
- Evaluate proposed system solutions in close liaison with system developers to ensure delivery of solutions is consistent with client expectations;
- Prepare system and user acceptance test plans and scripts and work with the Test Manager to ensure delivery of quality systems that meet client expectations;
- Review and analyses business processes, re-engineer as necessary to improve efficiency, effectiveness and/or usability using strategic analysis techniques and process models;
- Assist in the production of a robust business case that includes options analyzed, impact assessments and funding recommendations where required;
- Manage and develop relationships with project team members and stakeholders in order to ensure successful projects outcomes and to maintain client satisfaction;
- Supervise a team of analysts and work as an effective team member in investigating and developing options and solutions while championing business needs;
- Adhere to all client’s policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or SP&G Director related to supporting the Program/Project;
- Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Minimum of 5 years continuous experience of working as a business analyst; in both agile and waterfall environments for major ICT programs / projects;
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated experience in developing business requirements from abstract briefs and preparing functional specifications for complex or large information systems;
- Demonstrated experience in business process models and associated standard operating procedures using tools and techniques such as BPMN, Visio or System Architect;
- Advanced Stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated experience in analyzing business problems, conducting gap analysis and identifying root cause;
- Extensive experience in the development of instructional and procedural documentation and presentations;
- Demonstrated superior organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrated superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end users, key stakeholders, suppliers and project team members;
- Demonstrated experience using industry standard software testing tools (e.g. MQC, Quick Test Professional (QTP)) and knowledge of testing methodologies;
- Ability to supervise a small team and to work effectively as part of a team with minimal supervision
Additional Program / Project Specific Selection Criteria Experience in
- working on large programs within Government at Federal and State levels
- should have worked on complex inter-agency programs, involving sharing of classified information
- interacting with senior stakeholders across different agencies and driving outcomes to suit specific objectives
- ability to capture and interpret business rules across multiple agencies to a common set of capabilities, aligned with information sharing policies
- work closely with Senior Business Architect.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.