Senior Android Engineer
- Permanent Opportunity in Melbourne
- Salary range from $160K – $190K
- Large Financial Organisation
The successful candidate will be a senior engineer with a wealth of Android Development experience including the ability to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, and will have an operations mindset to enable the buildout of robust, secure, and maintainable applications.
- Management of conflicting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Establish a team strategy and lead the team to implement towards this target state, continually improving our Development and Continuous Integration capabilities
- Working with business analysts, and user experience designers to ensure requirements are clear whilst offering technical input into the requirements process.
- Working with solution designers to provide input into the design for any feature or application that the mobile service supports.
- Active participation in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and associated agile activities that the team undertake.
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time.
- Continuous review, identification and improvement of engineering processes, practices, and tooling
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Participate in feature estimation from early ideation to delivery phases.
- Technical design and coding of all mobile applications and microservices
- Working with a quality mindset to ensure applications are robust and appropriate code coverage is maintained and improved over time.
- Continuous technical uplift and knowledge sharing with others including presentations to internal colleagues and external meetups/conferences.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong delivery focus with an active approach to quality
- Working with key stakeholders and the wider mobile service team
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & documentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and self-manage tasks.
- Enthusiasm for technology and solving problems.
- Leadership qualities and skills
Essential technical knowledge, experience, and attributes:
- Experience across the full software delivery life cycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance)
- Agile software development and management methods and ability to excel within a fast-paced environment.
- A solid technical background as an engineer within Android mobile development (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management.
- Experience with build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins)
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools)
- Software design and delivery with UX and accessibility front of mind
- Experience with latest development methodologies and tooling
- Development experience using common IDE and source systems (Android Studio, Git)
- Writing unit and functional automation tests (Junit, Roboelectric, Espresso)
- Release and configuration management practices including parallel development (tagging/branching strategies), managing multiple versions and third-party library dependency management.
- Experience with repository artifact management (Artifactory)
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards)
Desirable technical knowledge, experience, and attributes:
- Experience working as an engineer within one or more alternate mobile application development technologies (Objective-C, Swift, React Native)
- Experience working as an engineer within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and Microservices
- Experience with Query Languages for APIs (GraphQL)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and managed services (AWS)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.