Security Designer – Senior
Senior Security Designer/Analyst
Large Financial Organization
East Melbourne VIC
6 months contract
Work Life Balance and opportunity to enhance your skills
This role is required to deliver Security Design functions (provide Security Design Consulting, complete Security Infrastructure Design documents, Security Detailed Design Documents, Design Work requests, asset impact assessments, provide direction on test and certification requirements) to client projects. These inputs are required for the allocated Engineer to complete their build activities. Current project demand means many projects (SDN, NAC, CASB) are being delayed due to a shortage of Security Designers.
What formal education is required to competently perform the responsibilities of the job? Include any accreditation & licensing required.
It is expected that the role holder will have the following qualification and experience:
- 5+ years experience in an Technology environment, with a developed awareness of best practice knowledge in the specific area of technical expertise
- 2-3 years of analysis and design experience on complex projects
- Proven security design and implementation experience, including formal documentation of build, support and operational processes
- Role holder will possess high levels of Technology expertise, combined with sufficient business knowledge and vision to enable effective production of well targeted technical solutions
- Understanding of risk management concepts
- Exposure to operational and technical risk assessments
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts and to think outside the square
- Experience across the software development life-cycle, including high-level estimation and business case development
- Systems integration experience in complex legacy environments involving mainframe transaction processing, web delivery, message integration and data warehousing components
- Working within, and contributing towards, Enterprise Architecture guidelines and standards
- Development and deployment experience on more than one platform
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field with professional experience in a related area
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science would be highly favorable
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
Include practical knowledge within a certain function, industry or area of business/specialty required to competently perform in the role.
- Ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organization.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle.
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Understanding of key IT security concepts
Provide indication of the transferable skills required to perform the job.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good ability to analyze, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Good technical specification writing/documentation skills.
- An appreciation of both IT and business strategy.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Developing knowledge of business process re-engineering.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: